The Living Tree - Poem by AHO Speaks
As the tree continues to live and grow
So it is with us a subject we should know.
Just as the leaves die and fall yet they do renew
So it is with us by a promise which is true.
Just as the tap root is the life line of the tree
So it is with us by the soul which came from Thee.
When our time comes to shed the external
Let us return to that which is the eternal.
Just as the tree will return to the sod
So it is with us except with God.
Let our growth be tall, strong and true
That our life's colors be pleasing to you.
When our time comes to finish this life's day
Renew us again as in the promise He did say.
Comments about The Living Tree by AHO Speaks
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl