Praveen Kumar in Celestial Glow
Praveen Kumar in Celestial Glow Poems
- Loyalty When I heard how her world, shattered, When I ...
- Dilemma Of Love It was nineteen sixty nine October twenty ...
- Loveliest Divine Rose He and she, young sanyasins Together ...
- Marriage Marriage is a long and blind bridge Of only hopes ...
- Celestial Bliss Though one in soul and mind and body, In ...
- Devout Love As long as we keep each other alive In place in ...
- My Birds Birds, both small and giant More than all the stars...
Praveen Kumar, a bilingual poet, born in Mangaluru on June 29 of 1949 to R.D.Suvarna and B.Sarojini, has more than three decades of government service as a senior police officer. As a poet of twenty-three published collections and as an author of five volumes on matters of governance and administration, he is a familiar face in Indian intellectual circuits. He presently lives in Bengaluru with wife, Jayashree, and son Pratheek.
Stemming from his varied academic background are the lively far-reaching interests that have impelled him to write in subjects as divers as matters of public interest and poetry, striking a perfect balance between the pursuance of vocation and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Praveen Kumar in Celestial Glow
When I heard how her world, shattered,
When I learnt how her life, wrecked,
A promising future, sheared to shreds,
So shocked was I, I began to sink,
And world at large lost sense for me;
I wanted to know more three years since,
But blindfold I was, alas, dark all round,
And found light in soul fast losing shine,
Without me aware, tears rolled from eyes.
Most sensible, sincere, sweet flower she is,
Gentle in heart, simple, fragrant for all;
She hurts none, bears odds of all worlds,
Selfless to the core; sacrifice, her mark,
No jealous or ...