Rafiq Sandeelvi Poems
- It’s A Camel Ride It’s a camel ride, and I In a desolate ...
- When The Day Dawned The day was yet to dawn. From the warmth...
- The Sawdust Is Flying Sparks flicker In wet eyes Flashing ...
- The Red Blanket Pale, consumptive face parched lips sunken ...
- Strange Are The Cadres Of Bein... Suddenly, a visage With a ...
RAFIQ SANDEELVI Born in 1961.He started writing poetry in 1980 and his collections are Sabz Aankhon mein Teer (1986) , Gurz (1987) , Aik Raat ka Zikr (1988) and Ghaar Mein Baitha Shakhs (2007) .Besides other publications he has also authored Imtezaji Tanqeed ki Sheryaat (2003) and Pakistan Mein Urdu Haiku (2007) .He is also the recipient of Husn-i-Qalam Adabi Award for 2003.
RAFIQ ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Rafiq Sandeelvi
It’s A Camel Ride
It’s a camel ride, and I
In a desolate street
Of a ravaged city
Holding the worn-out leather reins
Drive towards that home
On whose threshold
A sorrowful woman is tethered down
With a cord
Of my promise
A sturdy cord, weaved from heart-strings
Bare-headed, for many centuries
Eyes with the glint of an ancient star
Anxious to imbibe the smell of my ashen robe
And to hear the distressed grunts
Of my brown camel.
The same soggy corner of the chamber
Where one night
When wooden arrows were raining down
I had abandoned her ...