Richard Elwes Poems
- Remembrance Of My Love Remembrance of my love, come back to ...
- Are You Forgotten Are you forgotten? Yes, I think you are, ...
- I Have Been Greeted By Long Ab...
- Dunkirk, May 1940 God’s pity on you, regimented slaves. Who ...
- She Was Not Invited To Dine Tonight again- Tonight I saw you...
- Poland We had been winter-bound these later years, Starved ...
- The Melting Waters Move 1940 The melting waters move and flow...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Richard Elwes
Are You Forgotten
Are you forgotten? Yes, I think you are,
Forgotten with most other lovely things,
Since but a stifled echo, faint and far,
Is all distracted recollection brings.
For busy nothings have obsessed my days,
Crowding the private places of my mind,
And every eager, starving sense decays
In seeking vainly where it may not find.
But when the tedious, empty clamour dies,
And sleep, your pity-laden messenger,
Stoops with her lips upon my closing eyes,
And Night’s dark players make their
The shadowy stage of dreams is dimly set,
Then I ...