Robert J Meyer
Robert J Meyer Poems
- Woman Of Poems She is - mysterious A calf, a thigh, a curve ...
- Cynthia She enveloped my senses on her arrival - Midnight ...
- Reading Neruda To My Lover We stood in an old book ...
- Vanishing Point Like a vibrant blush in the far distance, A...
- Pinay As the sun rises Sparkling From the Cebu Straits, ...
- Beach Party It’s been fun, exhausting. The mellow bunch ...
- On Reading Graham Greene's 'Th...
An English teacher in an alternative high school for former dropouts in inner-city Chicago for the last decade, he has worked in newspapers for several years prior to his current vocation. Meyer writes in both formal and informal verse on a variety of topics. He is a happy Chicagoan now. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Robert J Meyer
Woman Of Poems
She is - mysterious
A calf, a thigh, a curve of the belly
The silken skin revealing
The chestnut hair concealing
Who is the lady?
She weaves through my dreams
Offering a tender foot for my caress
Or a dance that promises so much more
An invitation to dine on her passion
Or leaving her essence on my white dress shirt
Her wardrobe in another reverie
Her words knit fantasy to fantasy
But her mouth, her face, remains elusive
No lips to kiss
No eyes to reflect my devotion back to me
No cheek to lavish with kisses
She circles and reveals ...