Sri Aurobindo Poems
- I Have A Hundred Lives I have a hundred lives before me ...
- God Thou who pervadest all the worlds below, Yet sitst ...
- Evolution (Revised) I passed into a lucent still abode And ...
- Cosmic Consciousness I have wrapped the wide world in my ...
- Bride Of The Fire Bride of the Fire, clasp me now close, - ...
- Because Thou Art Because Thou art All-beauty and ...
- Bande Mataram Mother, I bow to thee! Rich with thy hurrying ...
Sri Aurobindo was an Indian nationalist and freedom fighter, major Indian English poet, philosopher, and yogi. He joined the movement for India's freedom from British rule and for a duration (1905–1910) became one of its most important leaders, before turning to developing his own vision and philosophy of human progress and spiritual evolution. He was also one of the famous Radical leaders of India during the Indian National Movement.
The central theme of Sri Aurobindo's vision is the evolution of life into a "life divine". In his own words: "Man is a transitional being. He is not final. The step from man to superman is the next approaching achievement in the earth ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Sri Aurobindo
Mother, I bow to thee!
Rich with thy hurrying streams,
Bright with thy orchard gleams,
Cool with thy winds of delight,
Dark fields waving, Mother of might,
Glory of moonlight dreams
Over thy branches and lordly streams,
Clad in thy blossoming trees,
Mother, giver of ease,
Laughing low and sweet!
Mother, I kiss thy feet,
Speaker sweet and low!
Mother, to thee I bow.
Who hath said thou art weak in thy lands,
When the swords flash out in twice seventy million hands
And seventy millions voices roar
Thy dreadful name from shore...