Steve Coetzee Poems
- Reflections On Growing Old Life ebbing into darkest night, ...
- On A Life Lived -new- And should we shed a tear, For each and ...
- Breakdown No23 We're awoken not ready to awaken another ...
- Remnants Of Feelings remnants of feelings stirring in my ...
- Stolen Daydreams All the stolen daydreams lately going ...
- Verneukpan (Desolate Love) We drove on and on in the car ...
- Dark Desperation Dark desperation seething within, demons ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Steve Coetzee
Reflections On Growing Old
Life ebbing into darkest night,
precious moments forever lost,
fading in the dimming light,
now the time to count the cost.
Once the conceits of youth
were thought to outwit age.
Belated realization of truth
too late the outcry, the rage.
What was once so vibrant
slowly sliding into decay.
What was once so distant
coming closer everyday.
Through the declining years,
the increasing torment,
the realization of fears,
the minds slow descent.
What would come about first
residing in the body wrecked
or would it be the more ...