Steve Hagget Poems
- The Osprey In foreign land of towering pines And hammocks, ...
- The Travellers Dream Last night I dreamt of rolling waves, ...
- Painted Waves As time begins to take its toll Upon the ...
- The Never Ending Journey In cloudless sky and shadeless ...
- A Mind Set Free On starry nights the mind is like To step on...
In foreign land of towering pines
And hammocks, mangrove-torn
A dark-filled night reluctantly
Bequeaths a pale dawn
Upon one battered cypress perched,
Amidst the morning haze,
Bright eyes stare out from part-cocked head
With piscicultural gaze.
Intently focussed on the brook,
That glides beneath the tree
Alive to every shadow’s sound
Yet never truly free.
For choicelessly these eyes are drawn,
As waters break below
And like a flash a head snaps back
And rippled muscles flow.
Within the slightest moment’s breath,