Subramanya Bharathi Poems
- Order To The Mind Satan residing little mind Listen to my ...
- Freedom When will this thirst for freedom slake? When will ...
- A Spark Of Fire A spark of fire I did see Which there , in a...
- Did You Think I Too Will Did you think I too will Spend my ...
- There Is No Fear The people of this world, if against they ...
- The Jewel Of Stars Moonlight, the stars and the wind, By ...
Chinnaswami Subramanya Bharathi (Tamil: சின்னசுவாமி சுப்பிரமணிய பாரதி) was a Tamil writer, poet, journalist, Indian independence activist and social reformer from Tamil Nadu, India. Popularly known as Mahakavi Bharathiyar (Tamil: மகாகவி பாரதியார்), he is a pioneer of modern Tamil poetry.
Born in Ettayapuram in 1882, Subramanya Bharathi studied in Tinnevely and worked as a journalist with many newspapers, notable among them being the Swadesamitran and India. Bharathi was also an active member of the Indian National Congress. In 1908, an arrest warrant was issued against Bharathi by the government of British India for his revolutionary activities forcing him to flee to Pondicherry ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Subramanya Bharathi
Order To The Mind
Satan residing little mind
Listen to my words from today
Don't you go searching alone
For Im your leader, you better know
Mother Sakthi's feet and
Righteousness, as what I proclaim to be
Without laziness you shall stand and work
I sermonize, abide and you will live high.