Tom Foster Poems
- Wisdom I’ve lost better poems than this Boxes crammed ...
- Words Like Rain Like rain Water her words I drink them ...
- In And Out Of My Hands It’s early November Late evening and...
- Where Be The Angels On a cold steel table Deep in the ...
- I Got Monkey's On My Back I got monkeys' on my back But I’m...
- The Gift He handed me the Chocolate doughnut Smashed ...
- Impulse The heart does not have a plan A time table The ...
Born a small wooden boy Tom was sent to school, but got distracted and joined a traveling show instead.
Becoming disalusioned he left the theatre and ran with the wrong crowd eventually becoming a real ass.
Later he was swallowed, then escaped, from a whale.
As of late he works helping other wooden people find thier place in the world.
He still dreams that someday he'll become a real boy more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
I’ve lost better poems than this
Notebooks full abandoned
Under rapid retreat
Scribbled on a Del taco napkin or
On the back of the phone bill
Thrown away with the trash
Once in awhile one returns to me
Flash of insight like
When walking or
Mowing the lawn
Sometimes I remember them vaguely
A clever phrase
Other times nothing
Not even enough to
Miss what I’ve forgotten
Only the knowledge that
I have indeed
Lost better poems than this