Don't be afraid
My thoughts are lost...
something has them tied down...
something deep in my mind..
It screams to me that I am wrong..
everything around me looks like a cemetary.
In the arena of my mind I am fighting with myself
Someone is puting ideas in my mind that I have failed and that it is a mistake that I live...
But I still breathe...I still breathe..
Dont be afraid, as long as you are true dont be afraid...
There are so many lighs around but you only see darkness.
You walk in the street and you dont dare to look up wondering if everything is a big joke..
Its your last chance of surviving-jump out!
Dont be afraid, you can break your chains and your fears as long as you dont sleep...dont be afraid.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Don't be afraid by Antonis Manousos )
- Thoughts of Perfection, michael walkerjohn
- Coffee & cream, Mark Heathcote
- An African Woman Unfolds, michael walkerjohn
- The Daughter of the Earth - 43, gajanan mishra
- Prove your presence, hasmukh amathalal
- Do Early Birds Really Catch the Worm?, Dr John Celes
- I Did It Well, Vera Sidhwa
- Epistemology, michael walkerjohn
- Rain at the Glass Window, Ismim Putera
- Come Away With Me, Almedia Knight Oliver
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)