Don't be afraid
My thoughts are lost...
something has them tied down...
something deep in my mind..
It screams to me that I am wrong..
everything around me looks like a cemetary.
In the arena of my mind I am fighting with myself
Someone is puting ideas in my mind that I have failed and that it is a mistake that I live...
But I still breathe...I still breathe..
Dont be afraid, as long as you are true dont be afraid...
There are so many lighs around but you only see darkness.
You walk in the street and you dont dare to look up wondering if everything is a big joke..
Its your last chance of surviving-jump out!
Dont be afraid, you can break your chains and your fears as long as you dont sleep...dont be afraid.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Don't be afraid by Antonis Manousos )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Lyre RE-UNSTRUNGED, Dwitun Basumatary
- LUMINOUS, Dwitun Basumatary
- La Lunar, Patricia Grantham
- DREAM OF PEACE, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Motion picture, daniel george
- Fallen, daniel george
- The Shadow Of The Wind., Tony Adah
- True Meaning Of Friendship Quote, thumper 786
- Seesaws المراجيح, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- World Leprosy Week, john tiong chunghoo