Don't be afraid
My thoughts are lost...
something has them tied down...
something deep in my mind..
It screams to me that I am wrong..
everything around me looks like a cemetary.
In the arena of my mind I am fighting with myself
Someone is puting ideas in my mind that I have failed and that it is a mistake that I live...
But I still breathe...I still breathe..
Dont be afraid, as long as you are true dont be afraid...
There are so many lighs around but you only see darkness.
You walk in the street and you dont dare to look up wondering if everything is a big joke..
Its your last chance of surviving-jump out!
Dont be afraid, you can break your chains and your fears as long as you dont sleep...dont be afraid.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Don't be afraid by Antonis Manousos )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Mitchell Gonzalez
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Police Car, Mitchell Gonzalez
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- A couple, maryline vautravers
- Preston's Champ, Stephen Katona
- Tu & Io — [ You & I ], Fabrizio Frosini
- You & I, Fabrizio Frosini
- My Little Bird, Alfred Oyori
- Regret, Damian Murphy
- Helpless reasonings, Howard MacDougall
- The first Flight, michael hagwood
- Fake, RJP Patterson
- Bee Bathes In Bliss, Saiom Shriver