I am that visitor in your faded memory;
We’re threaded as ancient friends in braided memory.
Once, we strolled in talk on emerald hills;
They dried in drought, and have rarely bladed memory.
Together we work to weave this spanning tapestry;
Once more our gilded threads have aided memory.
Monuments of stone bear witness to ages past,
But only your words shine light on shaded memory.
To gain its home, a dove flies tossed in storm,
Its way home deeply locked in jaded memory.
My heart was crushed with anguish, but now you have come
To lift, with a longer past, my laded memory.
Zahhar is again a shuttle in the loom of time,
Yet not the weaver of his graded memory.
Erin Thomas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Published in Muse Apprentice Guild in Fall of 2003.
This is a ghazal poem.
Comments about this poem (Emanation by Erin Thomas )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(20 September 1902 – 7 March 1971)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Lover's Complaint, William Shakespeare
- The ship of the desert, gajanan mishra
- Bright Star, John Keats
Poem of the Day
- गोजां बोथोर - सोरबा नागिरदोँ गुदुं गुदुं, Ronjoy Brahma
- Rainfall, hafiz qasim
- Reading Elizabeth Bishop's Poem 'Insomnia', Merton Lee
- A language, a race, gajanan mishra
- Reality And Unimagination..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Smile, hafiz qasim
- Soldiers' Living Tomb, Ima Ryma
- Winter In The Wind, Tony Adah
- Barren Moon, Esther Ukeh
- Unrest Soul: Churches After Christ Death, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche