Moments with you last forever,
etched within my mind;
like a flower plucked at bloom,
one seeks but seldom finds.
From a rare bouquet you came,
fragrance like a breath of Spring;
an enchanting, bewitching perfume,
that started my heart to sing.
Your love reached out and touched me,
stirring the senses of my soul;
a kiss swept aside the loneliness,
your embrace then made me whole.
How could our love not last forever?
if true, then that's how it should be;
for love releases the stuff that binds,
and sets your captured soul free.
Your memories will last forever,
and the way that you are still;
I save all the bits and pieces,
and I never get my fill.
David Lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forever Love by David Lessard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Welcoming Guests And Strangers, Terence G. Craddock
- How a knowledgeable person should behave.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Ups and down, hasmukh amathalal
- Warm-Hearted Hospitality, Terence G. Craddock
- R U hurting, Gregory Kelley
- Hospitality Professional Courtesy, Terence G. Craddock
- What my heart says, Gregory Kelley
- More, douglas scotney
- To the Apple Green, Peach Blossomed Skie.., mary douglas
- Qoute # 5, Is It Poetry