Imagination is but a river, curving through a plain
Slipping and sliding, dancing and gliding
Through mountains and terrain!
Changing, changing, changing.
Tactfulness is but a veil, lies cast over truth,
Wending and smiling, bending and fighting,
To weaken pain, they call it Ruth.
But failing, failing, failing.
Smiles are but boomerangs, presents that liven,
Faces to faces, places to places.
Smiles weak, strong and constantly given.
Flying, flying, flying.
Dreams are but flames, clutching your soul tight.
Soaring with hopes, casting away mopes,
Living with you, from trails of dawns to night.
Burning, burning, burning.
Verses are but fades, fades of emotion.
Anger to might, happiness to flight.
So strong that mere words cannot put into motion.
Singing, singing, singing.
Mariam Taufeeq's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mere verse. by Mariam Taufeeq )
- Transfer, Suresh Dogra
- The Time, Karunanidhy Shanmugam
- Our Promise, michael walkerjohn
- Future's Creed, michael walkerjohn
- Seven Bowls, michael walkerjohn
- Fear's Embrace, michael walkerjohn
- A Good Song, tolu ogundare
- The People Worry, michael walkerjohn
- Light Lost, michael walkerjohn
- Reflecting, Josh Terpening
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)