Moving on is so hard to do,
What can I do, I can't live without you.
Crying in my soul, dying in my heart,
Screaming in my head, why are we apart.
Moving on is tearing me up,
People all around me wishing me luck.
Nobody understands what is going on,
During sleepless nights, until the early dawn.
I try to move on but nothing yet,
Everywhere I turn, I'm caught in a net.
Wandering, staggering, depressed with my life,
Moving on, it cuts like a knife.
Adam McKim's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Moving On by Adam McKim )
- Digging well, gajanan mishra
- The father... dominating figure, hasmukh amathalal
- Fading Love, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Walk Away, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Be Calm and Cool, Aftab Alam
- Saying I Do, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- A SONG FOR YOU, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Quick-Sand, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- this day, sheade rudman
- Love Always, Saturday Chikezie Promise
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)