I just want you to know,
that I’m not mad at you
I know what it’s like,
when your world crumbles with life,
I know what a broken heart can do.
I’m thankful that you raised me,
and your guidance made me strong
It’s because of this,
through the seizures and fits,
I was able to hold on.
I hated seeing you broken;
I couldn’t stand to see you alone
That’s why I stood by your side,
as the vodka entwined,
And wrapped it s poison ‘round your soul.
I never wanted much from you;
I only want to see you smile,
So I just want you to know,
you’re still my hero,
Just like when I was a child.
You always stuck up for me,
and understood my troublesome ways
That’s why I wrote,
the first letter I post,
To you when I was locked up in chains.
I know that I got from you,
a spirit that breaks when faced with hard times,
Even though with you it broke,
with me I won’t “choke”
And somehow I’ll free myself from it’s binds.
Even though our struggles are much,
and most times haven’t been fun’
The sober years I had,
with you as my dad,
Make me grateful that I am your son.
I hope you know that I love you,
and I forgive you for not being there,
‘cause this life is pain,
it can send you insane,
And depression is anything but fair.
If someday you read this,
once the day comes I’ve been killed,
Promise me this,
you’ll let go of it,
And free yourself from the guilt.
‘cause I don’t care about your absence,
I don’t care that you were long gone,
‘cause the fact my role model,
fell in love with the bottle,
Has made me 10 times as strong.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Bottle by Alex Carr )
- Beautiful Soup, Lewis Carroll
- ♦운전면허증위조✙u i - r i＠hotｍａｉㅣ.ｃｏｍ직거래택배✙위 조민.., ueffdhuib dshvikbxc
- Afternoon in School The Last Lesson, David Herbert Lawrence
- The Nature of Sorrow, Karan Patade
- 직거래/택배u i - r i＠hotｍａｉㅣ.ｃｏｍ➵주민증위조✲민증위조✲신.., ueffdhuib dshvikbxc
- 직거래/택배u i - r i＠hotｍａｉㅣ.ｃｏｍ➵주민등록증위조✲위 조면.., ueffdhuib dshvikbxc
- Ms. butterfly, Kenneth Maswabi
- From 'A Severe Lack of Holiday Spirit', Amy Gerstler
- Keep It Simple, hugh everard
- Mental Fixity, Abhinav Baruah
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Lament for Zenocrate, Christopher Marlowe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Blind But Seeing Eye, Eleanor Best
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning