Aeronius D. McCoy
Aeronius D. McCoy Poems
- A Flame Lasts A Short Time A flame lasts a short time A ...
- Look At Yourself (Incomplete) Don't need a mirror In a ...
- Stormy Coves In our stormy cove Nightwind howling waves ...
- The Distances Pixel, pixel, shooting far Surmising ...
- Doves Of The Hand Swirl of light and dark Divided diaphanous...
- Life, Geometry's Whisper Who made these patterns of night and...
- Girl In Flowerprint Once I saw a girl Her smile swept ...
Lived most of my life in the Mid-Atlantic (PA and VA) . I enjoy a competitive game of chess. My favorite writers are Dostoevsky, David Foster Wallace, Kundera, Joyce, Carver, Atwood, and Julian Barnes, to name a few. Regarding film: Kubrick and Tarkovsky. Roy Andersson, Bunuel, P.T. Anderson, and Bergman too. From Fellini's 8 1/2 to Spike Lee joints to Jarmusch's vignettes.
It ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Flame Lasts A Short Time
A flame lasts a short time
A dream lasts portions of a night
Handheld devices last five years or so
With how the airwaves blow,
Invisible in flight
Skywriting a name, chisel to chest
A mind's ocean billows, soft and expansive torment
Flows and fades in azure mirror's wind
The moment of dream fizzle,
Realizing a pillow
Is not her
Only the mockingbird sings
For a bloom fated to wither
So I'll try any scheme
Any job to get down South
To ride a cloud, ride a jet,
Effervesce on gamma sunbeam
A starlit shroud