alex sarich Poems
- To Be A Rose For A Day A day in the life of a Rose arousing ...
- Birthday Poem For My Son David With each day passing endless...
- My Changing Self I would like to translate my mind of ...
- The Life Of A Pencil A pencil I am rough on the edges they ...
- Dylan Thomas, A Human Being He... One says, one thinks, but ...
- Fragmented Families After reading excerpts about the 1966 ...
- An Elegy For My Son. In a life he is the absence of life, ...
I was born in Swansea 1951 and attended secondary and comprehensive schools, leaving in 1967 to work in heavy industry until my early retirement at fifty five.
I took up writing poetry seriously in 2009 which have become an important part of my life and I take my inspiration from life as it motivates me to write just about everything objectively and subjectively.
I am ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about alex sarich
To Be A Rose For A Day
A day in the life of a Rose
arousing Spring with divine fragrance
guiding an elegant silky slender stem
through surrounding blankets of green flesh
standing out as being sharp, hardy
therefore attractive, persistently arrogant
possessing a swagger with guile
a no nonsense approach to
whoever encroach the space
just posing in the garden
flirting, attracting birds, bees
through perfumed aroma
from petals with petulance
fifteen years of growing in the same patch
emerging with young green leaf
sprouting new buds, makes a serious
contender for Rose of...