Alexander Raju Poems
- God Saves Democracy Funny is our democracy That honours ...
- The Voice Of Ethiopia It's not just for fishing That you go ...
- Indifference I feel indifferent to the core, living In a ...
- Concordia Discord Many a time we quarreled Over a thousand ...
- A Pyre For My Learning Of course, It was a grand funeral, ...
- Epitaph EPITAPH Oh God! You gave me a life On this earth,...
- The Termites THE TERMITES The termites or the white ants, ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Alexander Raju
God Saves Democracy
Funny is our democracy
That honours brute majority!
And nobody bothered about
The right of the individual
Before this naked injustice
Of a savage majority!
A gang of fundamentalists
Caught a helpless non-believer,
Tortured and killed in their god's name!
An innocent low-caste woman
Was mass-raped and killed by miscreants
And threw her into the garbage!
Then came from heaven the angry God
With gun and shot down all the gangs
Of all wicked blind believers
Of religion and caste-system;
For He found in democracy
No safety for ...