Alexander Steen Stewart
Alexander Steen Stewart Poems
- Love Or Lust A love so secret, veiled and dark, Hidden deep...
- The Beauty Of Dreams If ever I saw your face without fear, ...
- The Dual Kingdom The double sky we live below, Is ruled in ...
- Beautiful Phantom A heart once broken leads one's eyes to ...
- Forbidden Fruit Your love is like forbidden fruit Never to ...
- Friday 13 Philippe le Bel, the puppet king, Resides within ...
- The Pretentious Carter A beautiful day in spring And the ...
Not terribly much to say to be prefectly honest, I would say that I have lead a bit of a sheltered life so far. I would say that the poet that inspires me most and has the greatest influence when I write would be John Donne, as I also feel very much lured to the perfect spiritual love which Donne often alludes to in his work.
I generally find I'm disappointed with the reality of life as ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Love Or Lust
A love so secret, veiled and dark,
Hidden deep within my heart.
Yet I think I may be wrong
About my heart, my love, my song;
Is it naught but lustful yearning?
A base desire my heart is learning?
Is it love or is it lust?
To find the truth I think I must;
Search my black and tattered soul,
And make the truth my one true goal,
Until at last my colours show.
But, I guess, till then I'll never know.