Alexander Steen Stewart
Alexander Steen Stewart Poems
- The Beauty Of Dreams If ever I saw your face without fear, ...
- Love Or Lust A love so secret, veiled and dark, Hidden deep...
- The Dual Kingdom The double sky we live below, Is ruled in ...
- Beautiful Phantom A heart once broken leads one's eyes to ...
- Devils In Skirts Many's the time my honour's been, Dented ...
- The Swallow Of Youth One swallow does not a summer make. And...
- Friday 13 Philippe le Bel, the puppet king, Resides within ...
Not terribly much to say to be prefectly honest, I would say that I have lead a bit of a sheltered life so far. I would say that the poet that inspires me most and has the greatest influence when I write would be John Donne, as I also feel very much lured to the perfect spiritual love which Donne often alludes to in his work.
I generally find I'm disappointed with the reality of life as ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Beauty Of Dreams
If ever I saw your face without fear,
It was always with eyes of sleep.
For in the world of dreams to you I'm dear,
With feeling oh so deep.
All other claims of beauty are but lies,
A blasphemy against my heart.
But can I for you my feelings disguise,
Impossible! One look and my senses depart.
Whenever our eyes did happen to meet,
Yours would show everything but affection.
But can I see now the embers of love's heat,
Upon more recent inspection?
Am I just seeing what I wish to see?
An illusion of love where none should be,