Alice Kriel Poems
- Monologue To Mars Evening’s end is nigh, seconds and sands ...
- 'Me' Rip off the masks of manners and modesty. Don’t wait ...
- Desert Storm Low and grey they lie, heavy and pregnant, ...
- Autumn Affection The beauty of slow decay and the fragrance ...
- Simple Wish Of A Complex Perso... There are too many faceless ...
- C + H2o = We light dances on river, a moving marvel sun ...
- Numb When the only sounds are the calling of the amorous ...
[Not quite satisfied with my current life. Will fill in details as soon as something worthy happens.] more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Monologue To Mars
Evening’s end is nigh,
seconds and sands of time
run through these hands of mine
and I lift my eyes to the sky:
Clouds dance with the moon
Whispers and waves of fire
run me through
and I hear my heart’s desire
The elf named hope, longing, craving
larks and laughs at Fate,
crashes through the gate
and I feel my reserve draining.
“Oh, is there such a thing as magic? ”
I ask of the ever-clear, yet far-off star
“Are my dreams visions or delusions?
“Am I destined to be abnormal or extraordinary? ”
And I feel like weeping,
but my ...