Alicia Patti Poems
- Books My favorite bookmark smells of cherry wood; each ...
- A Day At The Beach I sit here in my cups wondering where it ...
- Conjurers Conjurers like us have no need of disappearing ...
- Departed Would you think of me when the wind whips up the ...
- Family Reunion Two men dressed in gray asked us to leave ...
- Committed Why did Nurse Ratched think she had dibs on all ...
- Deja Vu a chance sighting eucalyptus trees up a slight ...
I have been writing poetry for 50 years. I have entered some contests and three of my poems have been published in small press poetry books. In the early 1980's I edited and published Freedom's Child, a poetry journal dealing with liberty and individualism. It was a very creative time, and I met many talented poets in this manner. Freedom's Child last publication was December,1982, and it left a ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Alicia Patti
My favorite bookmark
smells of cherry wood;
each time I read, its smell
compels me to proceed.
Sometimes the words themselves
take on the cloying scent,
each page a trip to other worlds, where
adventures wait and beckon me.
I bask in their exotic spices,
the candied plums of each enchanting land.
Golden days and warm Sicilian
nights caress me tenderly.
And now I see the vineyards of Tuscany!
Amid these colorful bazaars,
with their amazing images,
their heady scents of frankincense
and cherry wine, my head
begins to swim from...