Angela Marie Lara
Angela Marie Lara Poems
- Making Sense Of Life's Wonders I can hear it in the trees as...
- Finally Broken Your feelings change when the wind shifts ...
- Compromising Situations Circumstances have A tendency to ...
- Battle Scars I am ready now to give up and die to curl up ...
- Numb These ragged wounds wrap crimson rivulets around my ...
- Touch When I close my eyes I can see you Standing naked ...
- Beneath The Clouds There comes a time a moment a ...
'One ought only to write when one leaves a piece of one's own flesh in the inkpot, each time one dips one's pen.'
'Poetry is a mirror which makes beautiful that which is distorted.'
~Percy Shelley, A Defence of Poetry,1821
'Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance.'
'Fill your paper with the ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Angela Marie Lara
Making Sense Of Life's Wonders
I can hear it in the trees
as they bend and stretch.
I can see it in the stars
in their twinkling brightness.
I can feel it in the air
while it whispers across my skin
and runs fingers through my hair.
I can smell it
in the first crack of thunder
before the rain falls.
I can taste it
in every glistening snowflake
drifting lazily to the earth's floor.
It is nature... life's wonders
All around us
and we would be wise to appreciate it...
Linger in every moment
Cherish each passing second
and collect memories along the way