Ayn Timmerman Poems
- A Quiet Mind Lift up the cover and look at the things ...
- Poem On Anger I shake a fist in defiance of anything stood ...
- A Park In Paris Grey skies, grey water in ...
- To The Reader To the reader of this poem- a face in the ...
- Radio With a flick of a switch I discovered the ...
- Reconstruction Broken soul glass works the shards in deep a...
- Insects Japanese beetle lace hangs as delecately as ...
If you read this you will judge me. That is pretty sad, but reality.
I'm a painter by trade, but when I started flunking chemistry at college last year, I started writing poems to stay awake. Its a good way to capture the feeling in a moment, and to record what happens in life. I am addicted to reading, and my best friend (a real live writer/poet) re-introduced me to poetry at some ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Quiet Mind
Lift up the cover and look
at the things scattering,
hidden, secret things;
the way insects
search for escape
when rocks are upturned.
This is not a quiet mind.
I thought that I may have seen
the door that a few things
do manage to slip away,
right on through.
But there is still time,
I have to believe,
to share vital information
that could change
That is precisely why
I refuse to carry a watch.