Bartholomew Arkoh Boamah Sarbah
Bartholomew Arkoh Boamah Sarbah Poems
- Awake Mother Africa Awake mother Africa, awake For you lie ...
- When Will Africa Unite Down below the ground come the voices ...
- Stronger Together From the mountain top onward we go; ...
- I Am Sorry; I Miss You I dream of you day and night And wish...
- State Death From the tribes come the cries of grief From the...
- Divine Fruit No cross; no crown Therefore be a man in every ...
- We Cry For Peace We have suffered long in silence We the ...
A native of Ghana born in Komenda in the Central Region to Joseph Arkoh Sarbah and Afua Anokye. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Bartholomew Arkoh Boamah Sarbah
Awake Mother Africa
Awake mother Africa, awake
For you lie asleep for long
Your future is in the balance
And your dignity fades away with the passing of the days
Your children are blindfolded
And we trail destruction in ignorance
Each day, Mother Africa;
A layer of your beautiful clothing is molted away
Your heritage escapes the present generation
And the heroism of the land seems to have perished
with the death of your first sons
Are we truely your children;
And yet we show no resemblance?
Are we of your lineage;
And yet we are world apart?
Awake from ...