cheryl davis miller
cheryl davis miller Poems
- Loneliness A shudder running up my spine without reason nor ...
- Purple Haze Another life has passed today lost in a purple ...
- The Walking Dead 'You feel too deeply, ' my mother spoke. ...
- Go Away Snow From the North to the South, and the East to ...
- The Flu A limerick for my family, who one and all have ...
- Molly's Grace Molly you inspire me, so I've picked up my ...
- The Mouse Brigade The long night of the mouse brigade; ...
I'm married,41 years. I have 2 grown daughters, and 3 grandchildren. I live on a small farm in Ohio.Where we raise cattle, [beef] chickens, a garden and pets.
Came from W.Va. I still consider it home, and write often of my appalachian roots.
My parents divorced when I was one, and I was given to an Aunt to raise.
At 13, she thought I needed to be with my 'real' mother.
At 14, my 'real mother', thought I would do better with an older brother.
At 14 yrs. and 2 mos. I decided, I would do better on my own. So I lived many lives in the next 5 yrs, until I married.
Since then I have lived a quiet life.I have scribbled since I was a child.
Learned to read, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A shudder running up my spine
without reason nor any rhyme
a constant process I confess
reminder of my loneliness.
Where are the answers I once knew
where are the friendships I thought true?
Hands to hold, and ears to listen
just be there, a simple mission.
As I have been in seasons past
to comfort, console, act steadfast
to seek for explanations, ' why? '
to tend the wounds and balm apply.
This loneliness I cannot bear
I'm reaching out, no one is there
so I begin to then withdraw
attempting to become so ...