Paige Scott Poems
- Sunset An angel set the sky ablaze With an orb of crimson ...
- The Treasure Box I have a treasure, dear friend of mine. I ...
- On The Melting Of Snow In Spri...
- His Masterpiece *** One of my Christian themed ...
- The Charmer Softly the rhythm beats, pulses and beats; ...
- Into The Mist ***One of my Christian themed poems. ...
- The Parting I remember the look on his dear face as he told ...
I have loved poetry ever since I was little. I wrote my first poem when I was 8 or 9 and have never stopped since then. I hope to have a volume of poetry published one day, and if it isn't too ambitious to be reality, to be published before I graduate high school.
One of my favorite poets is Emily Dickinson, and I sometimes try to combine her style with my own. I hope that can be seen in my work. You should notice also, that I love using the simile as well as the metaphore. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Paige Scott
An angel set the sky ablaze
With an orb of crimson fire—
The smoke that rose was a purple haze
That spread o’er the flaming sky.
Then black was the night, like ashes
Remaining after so long a kindling.
And here and there in tender dashes
Were ember-stars, pale and cold-appearing.
I saw a new angel glide down
And set the moon, like a candle, in the air—
The moonbeams, like a mother’s gown,
I cling to in my memory.
And the warmth of the fire that burned the night
Warmed the hearts of those like me.
And the moonlight lit our hearts with a ...