Cheryl Griffith Poems
- Loss Of Innocence Give me your hand child This world is ...
- Speaking Out This poem? This poem strives to bring ...
- Love Has Wings Love has wings ready to fly Oh love, linger a...
- Racism The Universal Nightmare Madness, sadness Hating, ...
- Love Is A Rose Love is a Rose that blooms With open arms she...
- Gratitude To Life As I sit here in serene ...
- Life The audience applauds The actor proudly makes his ...
I am from the Island of Trinidad and Tobago. I am co-author of Book Caribbean Spice; published and sold in my country. I also have a CD on sale in Trinidad named 'Eros' Its a CD about love, the various faces of love. It is a mixture of poetry, music and singing all about love and its ups and downs. All the poems on the CD is written by me but I have some of my friends on my CD performing some of my work and Its a CD loved by everyone who heard it. I also have published work in 'Three Sixty Degrees' an anthology and 'Circle of Thoughts' another anthology as well as a local magazines called 'Roots'. I am also twice winner of a national poetry competition in my country. I do performance ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Loss Of Innocence
Give me your hand child
This world is filled with too much weeping
More than you can understand
I watched you sleeping and I cried
Then you awoke and embraced the world
With joyful greetings
Smiling sweetly as you play
Bouncing and leaping
In your innocence you hold tomorrow
Wrapped in tiny fingernails and toes
So much I need to tell you child
But I must wait, for you are young
And we both speak in a different tongue
You see everything through pure eyes
And time is not kind
So sorry that now you must ...