Crystal Dawn Poems
- Life A newborn baby is held in his mother’s arms. Another ...
- Knocking At The Door Lord, how long am I gonna keep tempting ...
- Ode To Mary The only best friend My heart will ever know is ...
- Daddy, Please Don’t Lie Daddy, daddy, you told the judge ...
- Criticism What are they laughing about, Laughing and joking...
Crystal Dawn is a new up and coming poet. She's been writing poetry for over twenty years, and her first poetry book has now been published and available to the public. Her work represents the culture and psychology of a single woman, struggling through the perils of life in this time. Her poems have such imagery and exquisite symbolism that she can make you 'feel' the poem.
She is also... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A newborn baby is held in his mother’s arms.
Another newborn baby is looking at his charms.
Held in his mother’s arms, hoping he will be lucky.
The other newborn is already saying, “Ducky.”
At a playground,
A toddler can only find a broken swing.
The other is treated like a king.
In second grade,
The child’s family doesn’t even have a phone.
The other child has a condominium to call his home.
In sixth grade,
The child walks alone.
The other child always has a friend on the phone.
In ninth grade,
The child is smoking weed.