Dr. Rani Mathew
Dr. Rani Mathew Poems
- The Lover I Dread It was on the frozen bed down the moss ...
- Possessive Love Be in maternity robe or ball gown be in chat...
- A Dead Investment He was once a shell to me within which ...
- The Feline Instinct It was on a rainy day I caught the ...
- Delirium In that tiny coffin she lay asleep Wreathed in ...
- Matrimony When marked man and wife I'm lost in him, they ...
- Hollow Hawl Man and Woman Man and woman Make up a ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Lover I Dread
It was on the frozen bed
down the moss laden pond,
his undying love he confessed.
His voice quivered as he spoke
of eloping never to return.
I begged to be excused,
for the spring was tantalizing
and he deemed it fair to heed
my plea to hang around a while.
His devouring eyes pinned me down
again in summer on a busy street,
where uncared I lay bleeding.
For me, his heart was throbbing-
every beat a love song unrequited.
On his bosom I cried for time
to feast over the harvest ahead
and down on the surgery table
the deal was ...