Edward Schriner Poems
- I Met God Today I met God today on the street Sitting on a ...
- Ode To A Tree A lone tree stands in a field, broken and ...
- Ode To A Proud Race Countless thousands forced from their ...
- God's Splendor Can anyone else make such a sight Really as ...
- One Single Tear She wakes up to find her father over ...
- The Eyes Of A Child I saw into the eyes of a child today And...
- Cries From The Inner City She stands on the corner of the ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Edward Schriner
I Met God Today
I met God today on the street
Sitting on a park bench in the city
I asked him, 'How do you do, Lord? '
And He replied, 'As fine as could be, my son.'
He was wearing a ragged, old coat
Shoes full of holes and no socks to speak of
He was drinking from a paper sack
What it contained, I did not inquire of it.
Mumbling to himself as he took a sip
From the bottle within the bag
He lay back down upon the bench
And went to sleep disregarding the cold.
I met God today at my school
Playing on the jungle gym during recess
I asked Him, 'How are you doing, my ...