Faith Elizabeth Brigham
Faith Elizabeth Brigham Poems
- Strength i do not know my strength nor see myself as other ...
- A Woman's Face Wears Many Mask... a woman's face wears many ...
- Surviving Life i will speak and speak out speak out loud ...
- Flooding River forbidden waters makes one weak a drowning ...
- Days Like Today i delight in days like today when we are ...
- A Better Place my heart is strongly set to do what good i ...
- Gadgets Are A Girl's Best Frie... forget the diamonds just ...
I was born in Pittsburgh, PA, the third of seven girls. I'm certain I was in love with words by the time I was five years old. The first thing I ever wrote was a Christmas play for my fifth grade class in parochial school. The following year, I won first place in my sixth grade poetry class' contest.
In high school, I joined the school newspaper staff and was the editor for the school... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
i do not know my strength
nor see myself as other people do
i can not be all things
to others or please all for
the sake of keeping peace
death will come swiftly
when everyone wants a piece of me
and there is not enough
of me to go around
my strength slowly depletes
i turn a deaf ear to the men
whose own ears ignored my pleas
forgiving them a given
though forgetting so difficult
i release those that built this prison
i have never known my strength
to endure the unspeakable
giving life my all to
those who would just as ...