Frank Adie Poems
- The Slave I was bought with money I am the property of my ...
- The Prostitute's Admonition I was a commercial sex worker I ...
- The Diary Of A Hero. A husband who loved his wife ...
- The Breeze Invisible and yet so real, My gentle breezy ...
- Broken Vow Right from the day I said "I do" I have...
- Solemn Declaration What went wrong? That you now sing a ...
- Herdsmen: The Inflicter Of Sor... A horde of bloodthirsty ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''"True meaning of some actions are exclusive to the actors, but such exclusiveness does not strip analyst of their liberty to insinuate".''Frank Adie
''We sometimes leave our best in our past and get hopeful of a future that is full of emptiness!''Frank Adie
''"That good must always triumph over evil, is an axiom that has gained universal acceptability, but have remain short of empirical substantiation"''Frank Adie
'''Those who put premium on physical appearance, oftentimes realize that underneath some beautiful flowers lies a venomous snake'''Frank Adie
I was bought with money
I am the property of my master
He determines the course of my life
He subjects me to mindless drudgery
I am always the last to go to bed
And the first to wake up everyday
I dare not complain or grudge his orders
In fear of the whip of disobedience
Whenever I ask why it is so
I am being told that I am a slave.
I do the cooking in my master's house
Yet I must live on the leftovers
I wash and iron cute and expensive cloths
But have only rags to cover my back
I weed and tend my master's garden
But I dare not taste the ...