Harekrishna Meher Poems
- The Ambrosial Verily I'm a drop of the ocean of ...
- Love Knows No Distance “Even far, I’m thy very near. This ...
- Meghaduta: Charm Of Love 'The charm of your limbs I see in ...
- Rhyme Of Modern Life Complex and confused has been the ...
- Auspicious Dawn Auspiciously came Ushā, the blooming ...
- Illusion Of Modernity Is the modern world of armament like a...
- Mahanadi And Sita: Tapasvini Then came a lady newly adorned, ...
Dr. Harekrishna Meher is a Sanskrit scholar, researcher, creative writer, critic, poet, lyricist, composer of songs, orator and translator. He writes in Sanskrit, English, Hindi, Oriya and Koshali languages. His research articles, scholarly essays and poems published in the leading journals and magazines of national and international levels.
Harekrishna Meher was born at Sinapali, Nuapara District of Orissa in a renowned poetic family. His father was Poet Narayan Bharasa Meher and mother Smt. Sumati Meher. His grandfather Poet Manohar Meher is regarded as 'Ganakavi' of Western Orissa. He has excellent qualifications being topper in his career: B.A (Sanskrit Honours) from ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Harekrishna Meher
Verily I'm a drop
of the ocean of nectar.
Shunning the ocean I had risen up
in the firmament afar.
Coming down now
I've joined the ambrosial flow
and towards the ocean
ahead I'm in motion.
If I evaporate therein
on the way by the heat of sin,
in the form of dew later on
I'll descend below.
With the nectarean immortal flow,
I'll mingle in the ocean.
[Translated from Gangadhara Meher’s Oriya Poem ‘Amrutamaya’, by Dr. Harekrishna Meher]