Jessica Kelly Poems
- In Heat Dim lit room flower in bloom sweat dripping off of ...
- Don'T Tell Me You'Ve Changed Don't smile at me and tell me ...
- Single Mother Morning Sleepy eyes open, grin. Angel face ...
- Nothing Left You left the keys in the door. They hung on for...
- Faded Blue Jeans He's got his hair pulled back and his old ...
- Haze Red haze of a smoke-filled room, black night creeping ...
- Goodbye, Precious Friend I can't believe it happened. Can't ...
I'm not a writer. I mean, I write. so I suppose in some fashion I am. In which case, anyone who can write is a writer... but you know what I mean. :)
I'm no poet. Sometimes I write down words that arouse feeling, be it joyous or dismal. Sometimes I jot down words that rhyme a little. But either way, whether I'm arousing feeling or rhyming a line, I don't consider myself a poet.
I'm just a girl who likes to write. And so... I do.
A little about me...
I wish I'd read more. I do love to write. I'm silly and a little goofy at times. I have a precious daughter who lights up my life, and, in case you couldn't gather from some of my writings, I have a ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jessica Kelly
Goodbye, Precious Friend
I can't believe it happened.
Can't believe it's real.
Can't believe the loss and grief
And sadness we all feel.
How are we supposed to grasp
That you're really gone for good?
Is there a way to apprehend?
Can it be understood?
Your life was just so young and bright,
as bright as your sweet smile.
Do we accept that you're gone, now, Jen,
or live it in denial?
I can't believe how it worked out,
The time for you to leave...
Your life was good. Really good,
Better than you could believe.
So maybe that is why you left.