Jim Boone Poems
- It's Friday And Sunday's Comin... We’ve made it through four ...
- Character Traits We march to our own ‘drummer’ And we are ...
- School Violence OMG, did you watch ‘Glee’ On 4/11/2013? Did...
- Autobiography #88 The underachiever woke up on the wrong ...
- Haikou - Texas Style Nice night in June Stars shine – big ...
- Vulnerability Hides in the shadows of circumstances and ...
- Dressage There is an obedience To self that comes and Goes...
US Poet Laureate Nominee 2012 - PROOF OF LIFE POET; POINT OF VIEW POETRY, i.e., GAY: Free verse style that has a rhythm, but not a fixed meter. There is something here for all of God's children, and equality is not just for someone who happens to be hetrosexual. 'I Am that I Am.'
I was born with the 'writers soul, ' but that never came out in my English classes in any of the schools I ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
It's Friday And Sunday's Coming
We’ve made it through four days of study
And work, survival and labor - ‘Well? ’
Looking forward to party time and letting
It all hang out; rockin out with our cocks out
‘Get down! ’ Poppin’ it to some chicks or
Giving it to some dude, maybe selling it –
‘Get up! ’ Golf time, getting away; shopping
Time and charging ahead - ‘Uh-huh ’ -
Breathing time, two days all your own or
With family; two days to focus and relax or
Two more days to survive: It’s Friday and
Sunday’s coming. ‘Keep going ’
Will you spend time with one who loves you