Smoky Hoss Poems
- Aging Poet Come and see the old poet Laying in his bed of ...
- Onward Don't we all wonder, remotely - in ways we cannot ...
- Cat & I There we sat Just me and the cat, Upon a bench ...
- Gone The black-eyed Susans are gone, the question of ...
- A Young Mans Dream When I was barely a teen I heard a ...
- Contemplating My mind is in the serried, towering clouds On ...
- Country Living Cats and dogs Chickens and hogs Lumps in the...
A lack of literary artifice is no sin,
So long as the way of the words invite the soul in.
'Poets are used to discovering, years after a poem is written, what it's really about.'
-Kathleen Norris (from: 'The Cloister Walk')
'To live is to fly
Both low and high.'
-Townes Van Zandt
'You ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
Come and see the old poet
Laying in his bed of ashes and dust,
His love in ruins
His mentality frozen by restless rust,
His hungry heart emptied of it's fertile blood
His souls melodic purpose nearly gone,
The mellifluous music now so silent
The end, of a once wonderful and powerful song.
What happened to this poet
With dread you may ask,
The ancient story ofcourse
The evils of age and wear, and so damned many things out there
Working away at his heart, fulfilling their wretched task.
When poets speak truth and beauty into this old ...