Jim Franckum Poems
- High School English I really tried to like her class, I ...
- Palindromes On The Radar I found a box of palindromes ...
- Tuolumne Summer It was a simple time of life Sierra trails...
- My 80% Great Limerick This poem needs more than just ...
- My Fellow Americans The candidates shout please observe ...
- The Value Of Pie (An Acrostic ... Three German women, off ...
- The Right Time To Die
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jim Franckum
The Value Of Pie (An Acrostic Poem)
Three German women, off to an auction
Point to a bakery and cry
One says, “Yum! I’ll pay any sum
For the pleasure of tasting that pie.”
One Mark was bid, yet embarrassed she hid
“ ’f I’ve offered too little I’ll die! ”
“Nein” said another, “that’s shamefully low
Too sick’s your bid, that’s no lie! ”
“Five marks” was the price that was finally paid
And that is the value of pie