Jodie Phillips Poems
- Who Can I Trust? (1989) Who can I trust with my deepest ...
- Go Ahead And Run (1989) When times get rough He says be ...
- Get Over It (1989) I wish I knew What I could do to repay ...
- Getting To Know Me (2007) I think I am loved And then I ...
- Swords Can'T Cry (1991) I was forced to fight In someone ...
- I'M Back! (2007) Out of the darkness Out of the pain Out of...
- Our Army Guy (2007) When you became 'Our Army Guy' You also ...
I am going through change right now. I am overcoming some painful childhood crap that I didn't even realize had affected me until I began analyzing my need to control. My 'Control Addiction' is having a negative impact on my marriage, my family, and my spirit.
Last year I had a blue butterfly with eyes in the wings tattooed on my upper back.
The butterfly is a symbol of ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jodie Phillips
Who Can I Trust? (1989)
Who can I trust with my deepest secrets?
Who can I trust when my world falls apart?
When everyone's lying and deceiving
Who can i trust with my heart?
Should I trust no one but myself?
To keep my life I must be circumspect.
Keeping quiet, telling no one but God,
He already knows the effect.
I'll never believe the people again,
The people who have hurt me once before.
The saddest part is I'll never be trusting
Of anyone any more.
How can I be certain that I won't be hurt?
How could someone hide themselves so well?
When everyone's ...