Joe Hughes Poems
- A Bubble I am a fresh blown bubble, Just born with lots of ...
- The Old Man At The Sea He stands silently looking seaward, ...
- A Catholic Hell! To Hell with the Church And to Hell with ...
- Double Meaning 'I'll do it much later', Means 'Never at ...
- Young Mother Young mother, fag in hand, Bags of shopping, ...
- The Padded Room It's just my eye that you can see, Come ...
- Night-Time Walking Houselights hue domestic bliss. Curtains...
Born in Drogheda, Ireland.
Now living in Sussex, England.
The bits in between are in my poetry which I'd love you to read. Best wishes, Joe more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
'''Your job is to sit there, look beautiful and say yes at the appropriate moment! '''email@example.com
I am a fresh blown bubble,
Just born with lots of care.
I'm undecided if I'll burst
Or fly into the air.
I'm yellow, blue, some red and green
Six inches is my size.
I hover round the patio
But the sky is still my prize.
I've almost hit a garden chair,
I've just skimmed past a fence.
I've cleared some hedges and a shed,
I wobble as I dance.
And now I'm soaring, Oh! so high,
I never will come down.
I've cleared the eaves of houses
And I'm heading into town!
Goodbye young child way down below,
The world now lies in ...