John A. Hancock
John A. Hancock Poems
- A Candle In The Window I left a candle in the window A ...
- Hesitation Here we are again Both of us wondering What to ...
- The Pleasure Of Knowing You The river sweetly sang to me An ...
- Sonnet # 30 Missing You I heard not the sound of your ...
- A Summer's Rain I am not afraid to say That I love a ...
- Morality's Child I ponder the day I confront'd light When ...
- Sonnet # 48 The First Snowflak... Held aloft by the angry ...
I have been writing Poetry and songs most of my life
But it has been only over this last decade that my out put of poems, stanzas, ballads, and sonnets has
I also collect old books, my oldest from 1686
I have also collect'd nearly all of the classical poets in book form 99% being from the 19th century
Please feel free to read my poems and I hope you ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about John A. Hancock
A Candle In The Window
I left a candle in the window
A shinning light for you to see
When the veil of sadness around the has lift'd
In the hope it will guide you back to me
I know to well the pain your feeling
When the past it won't let go
When voices are still repeating
The hurtful words heard from long ago
Every single poem I have written
From my heart to thee be true
Each kiss when we made sweet love together
Twas a symbol of my undying love for you
So don't be frighten cause your feeling
For this time it is okay
Let me help you turn away the past
And to love your ...