John Leroy Maxwell
John Leroy Maxwell Poems
- The Pig And I How well do I remember, it was just this past ...
- I Cried Today I cried today, as I touched your face, in ...
- The Wall Of Tolerance This is not a perfect world, we see ...
- Happiness Is Helping Others Is anybody happier, because you ...
- Animal Friends Walking 'round my yard, I just wanted to see, ...
- North Church A civil war on North Church Road, no wealth to ...
- Chanteuse Of Love Your subtle and gorgeous sounds, and ...
Single, retired, physical exercise,
lover of veggie burgers, passion for poetry,
rebel rouser, love to challenge authority? , go ACLU, nondrinker, nontobaccosmoker/potOK, any solo piano music jazz, classical, inspirational, nature
impressions, pop. Doing one good deed a day.
Alias is 'Skipper.' more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Pig And I
How well do I remember, it was just this past December,
I was walking down the street in manly pride
When my heart began to flutter, and I fell into the gutter,
and a pig came up and lay down by my side
As I lay there in the gutter, with my heart still in a flutter,
a lady passing by began to say
'You can tell a man who boozes, by the company he chooses'
And the pig got up, and slowly walked away