Meer Taqi Meer
Meer Taqi Meer Poems
- Ankhon Mein Ji Mera Hai Idhar ...
- Be-Khudee Le Ga'Ee Kahaan Ham ... be-KHudee le ga'ee kahaaN ...
- Hastee Apnee Hubaab Kee See Ha... hastee apnee Hubaab kee see ...
- The Stone Fleet I have a feeling for those ships, Each worn ...
- Malvern Hill Ye elms that wave on Malvern Hill In prime of ...
- The Mound by the Lake The grass shall never forget this ...
- In The Prison Pen Listless he eyes the palisades And ...
Syed Amanullah Meer Taqi was the only son of a Sufi saint, Meer Muttaqi. When Meer was a little child, his father looking at his face used to say which is this fire burning within your heart that is reflecting on your face. Sufis are lovers of God and so he thought that it was the fire of love for Allah. Living in a atmosphere of sufism at a very young age had profound effect on Meer. He did not have much desires for worldly things.
While on his death bed, his father instructed Meer to "Adopt the path of love. A life without love is an ordeal and losing one's heart in love is the real art. Though this path is riddled with difficulties, love is what drives the world." ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Ankhon Mein Ji Mera Hai Idhar Yar Dekhna
ankhon mein ji mera hai idhar yar dekhna
ashiq ka apane akhri didar dekhna
kaisa chaman ke ham se asiron ko mana hai
chak-e-qafas se bag ki diwar dekhna
ankhen churaio na tuk abr-e-bahar se
meri taraf bhi didah-e-khunbar dekhna
ae ham-safar na able ko pahunche chashm-e-tar
laga hai mere paon mein a kar dekhna
hona na char chashm dik uss zulm-paishah se
hoshiyar zinhar khabardar dekhna
sayad dil hai dag-e-judai se rashk-e-bag
tujh ko bhi ho nasib ye gulzar dekhna
gar zamzama yahi hai koi din to hamsafar
is fasl hi mein ...