Michael Nkwocha Poems
- In Our Own Hands Why pray to God for providence then shut ...
- A Treasure I'd rather have a friend so true than wine and ...
- Companions On A Journey We are all companions together for ...
- Arise O Sleeper Arise o sleeper wake up to the morning ...
- My Guardian Angel I have a guardian angel given to me by ...
- Our Burning Flame A candle glows in each of us the love of ...
- My Yes To You I say my yes to You dear Lord though weak and ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
In Our Own Hands
Why pray to God for providence
then shut our eyes to our neighblour's needs?
Why pray 'Lord shelter the homeless'
then shut our door against the stranger?
Our neighbour's tears have made him wet
we play the blind, we do not see.
His cry for help has filled the sky
we play the deaf, we do not hear.
His eyes look up foro courage
we play the dumb, we do not speak.
And then we gather round in worship
to sing and dance, 'we're God's children'.
Why pray for justice in the world
then fold our arms in idleness?
Why pray for a world of peace