Our Burning Flame - Poem by Michael Nkwocha
A candle glows in each of us
the love of God did light
to us He gives the pow'r to tend
to care and keep abright.
Though waves and storms from troubled seas
may rush against our flickering flame
there's none so strong enough to quench
save us, save us alone.
So keep your little flame aglow
where'er you find yourself
a spark of light, a sign of hope
in the thickest darkest night.
'Tis ours to keep our flames aglow
until life's breath is out
if we all keep our flames aglow
the world itself would glow.
Comments about Our Burning Flame by Michael Nkwocha
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl