My Yes To You - Poem by Michael Nkwocha
I say my yes to You dear Lord
though weak and fainting be my heart
for fear I'd never keep my word
but yes I say and yes I mean.
Though many sorrows come my way
and doubts arise within my soul
I'd look to You with trusting eyes
and wait to feel You calm my storm.
Though many falls along the road
though many thoughts of filth and sin
and though my head be bowed in shame
do not forget my yes to You.
When floods of passion rise so high
and tides of pleasure come so strong
let not my yes be drowned in them
it's all I have, it's all I give.
Comments about My Yes To You by Michael Nkwocha
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda