Midifo Yearns Poems
- Ageing With age the questions come and go and life begins ...
- Claim The Sky Confusion reigns, things fall apart with focus...
- Life Is Gift Should fingers loosen and I be gone Mere ...
- Soiled Hands Smell of man labored by the day, ...
- Abraham And Isaac Sonnet What a journey, what a chore. What a...
- Inner Core Secret hidden space, at core of all I am alive ...
- Stars Of Night Among stars of night there lingers still some...
My name is Michael Digby Foley (Midifo) . I am a Catholic Priest belonging to a missionary congregation in the church. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Midifo Yearns
With age the questions come and go
and life begins its doubts to sow
for somehow now truth stands alone
and can no more be carved in stone;
for truth is fragile, life a passing gift
and all our certainties begin to shift
and so our hearts are bruised by doubt
our minds obscured and mute our shout
but there is beauty in that truth
and though the storm be rough, and
strong the winds, the sails are tough
and the hand that calms the storm
remains at the helm, and love guides
our lives to safe solace and peaceful amen.