Mohan Rana Poems
- The Colour Of Water Rain falling, day after day, as if ...
- Philips Radio My home grew wizened on its Vivid Bharati Its ...
- As The Past Approaches As the past approached, the future, ...
- In Your Own Words They said: Don't go to the end of the ...
- The Blue-Eyed Blackbird Is it right to speak of myself? ...
- After Midnight I saw the stars far off - as far as I from ...
- To The Lost Children I want to write to the lost ...
Mohan Rana (Hindi: मोहन राणा) is a Hindi language poet from India. He has written six poetry books.
Mohan Rana was born in Delhi, India. He completed his graduate degree from Delhi University. His poetry work has been appreciated by poets. He uses techniques of free association and improvisation in his writing. The poet and critic, Nandkishore Acharya, has written that, 'Amongst the new generation of Hindi poets, the poetry of Mohan Rana stands alone; it defies any categorisation. However, its refusal to fit any ideology doesn't mean that Mohan Rana's poetry shies away from thinking - but that it knows the difference between thinking in verse and thinking ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Mohan Rana
The Colour Of Water
Rain falling, day after day,
as if trying to clean off
our permanent stains,
but all it does is discolour
this well-worn shirt,
and wash the memory
of all the passing seasons
from the walls.
This is not summer
nor autumn nor winter:
sometimes I recognize myself,
Maybe after so much rain
all colour will be washed out
and my shirt then be the colour of water.