Noshi Gilani Poems
- The Wind, Too, Can Change Dire... Do you know? The wind, ...
- The Breeze Rewrites Now that the breeze has learnt to ...
- Insight I have a feeling That wherever I glance There will ...
- A Change Of Season A change of season Exposes something
- How Hard It Is To Manage Life How hard it is to manage ...
- Kept On Compromising On Life Kept on compromising on ...
- This Prisoner Breathes I am trapped in a jungle of voices In...
Noshi Gilani (Urdu: نوشی گیلانی ) (born in 1964 in Bahawalpur, Pakistan) is an Urdu poet of international fame and a former academic from the Bahawalpur University, Punjab, Pakistan.
She is one of the leading Urdu poets in Pakistan and has successfully published five collections of poetry.
In 2008, her poetry was translated into English and her poems were read in the UK, with the Poetry Translation Centre's World Poets' Tour.
She hosted a tribute to folk singer Pathanay Khan, sponsored by the Pakistan National Council of the Arts (PNCA).
Noshi Gilani settled in San Francisco USA in 1995 but after her marriage to Saeed ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Wind, Too, Can Change Direction
Do you know?
The wind, too, can change direction
The birds might leave their nests at dawn
And forget to find their way back
Sometimes in spring the tree branches out
Before autumn the leaves separate
Like the paths my life takes
Blown this way and that like dust
The strange smile taking shape on your lips
Says 'So, what's new?'
Of everything in the story, you are new
Do you know?
But how could you know this?
Your encampment of love and faith
Could blow away like dust
The wind, too, can change direction.
[Translated by Nukhbah Langah and ...