Paige Nielsen Poems
- Modernist Perspective The fear is absolute: faces pale as ...
- You'Re Dead I went to your funeral dressed in my favorite ...
- Ode To Bukowski
- Talk About Love There's no way to be ready for what life ...
- America We're stuck in a quagmire of broken wishes and ...
- Best Friends Forever? Forgive of me my poison pen Venomous ...
- A Question About Myself Life bites like a vampire bat, and...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Paige Nielsen
The fear is absolute:
faces pale as the milk of death,
the inverse of the milk of human kindness.
A haunting sorrow binds the wounds,
enslaving us in its hollowest embrace.
This poem is a metaphor,
but I don’t know why.
I don’t know anything.
These days right is wrong and wrong is right.
Is this someone’s idea of a joke?
Well, buddy, I’m not laughing.
I’m retching in protest,
a one-girl revolution.
Can anybody save us now?
(I doubt it.)
We’re all chained by propriety
and blinded by society,
trading kisses for pennies
and chopping ...